- What personal information (including information that may identify you) that we collect and how we collect it,
- Our purpose and legal basis for processing that information,
- How we store, use, transfer and delete that information,
- With whom we share that information,
- How long we hold that information.
- People and organizational clients (both current and prospective) who (i) access or use the Service, (ii) inquire about Career Boss and the goods and services we offer, and/or (iii) purchase our goods and Services,
- Our use of personal information obtained from use of the Service and any personal information that you (or, for end users, the applicable client organization) may provide to us in connection with the Service,
THE SERVICE IS INTENDED AND DESIGNED ONLY FOR USERS WHO ARE (A) AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE, AND (B) LOCATED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE FOREGOING REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THE SERVICE. IF WE DISCOVER THAT YOU HAVE USED THE SERVICE IN VIOLATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH, WE WILL PROMPTLY DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AND ANY INFORMATION YOU HAVE ENTERED INTO THE SERVICE. ANY USER PROVIDING, STORING OR SUBMITTING INFORMATION ON BEHALF OF A CHILD ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY OVER THE SUBMISSION, USE, AND TRANSMISSION OF SUCH INFORMATION. WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY REFUNDS NOR CLAIMS IF YOU HAVE AVAILED OUR SERVICES IN VIOLATION OF THE POLICY.
Career Boss and Jeff Adcock, LLC
Attn: Customer Service
843 Canterbury Ln
Alpine, Utah 84004
Email: [email protected]
Where is your personal information stored?
What personal information do we collect?
For the purposes of this policy, “Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual or information that permits an individual to be identified
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information, including your name, postal address, email address and phone number,
- Unique identifiers, including your username and password,
- With respect to client organizations and end users with accounts not linked to a client organization, payment and billing information, including credit card numbers, ACH information, billing address and other related information,
- Information you include in your user profile,
- Information related to coaching connections, coaching sessions and other analytics data,
- If you communicate with us or any other user via the Service, the contents of those communications,
How do we collect your personal information?
- We collect personal information from what you actively share with us while using the Service.
- The Service enable users enter information and other content and to establish connections with other users. Therefore, such information is an integral part of the Career Boss experience—but the amount and type of information you share voluntarily, and the decision whether to share any information at all (other than as required to create your account), is always your choice.
- To personalize your experience on the Service and to otherwise improve our products and services, We may ask you to provide us with information about your personal or professional interests, demographics and experiences with the Service. Providing this additional information is optional. If you elect not to share this information with us, it will not affect your access to the Service.
- If you invite others to link their account to yours, or if you create administered accounts for other people, you may be asked to submit to us limited personal information about the invitee, such as that person’s name, email address, and/or phone number. In this circumstance, we only collect your invitee’s name, email address, and phone number.
- We may collect personal information from third parties. If you choose to connect your CareerBoss account with a third-party service, we may collect, store, and periodically update information associated with that third-party account. At the time access is granted, we will make clear what information we will access. These third parties have their own privacy and data collection practices and policies for which we are not responsible and will not be liable. You should therefore review their privacy policies carefully before you connect their services to Career Boss if you have concerns about how they may use your information or whether doing so would comply with applicable law.
- We may collect personal information from cookies. In order to collect your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, web pages that led to you our website, operating system, and date/time stamp, a “cookie” is set on your computer or device when you use the Service (including visiting our website). Cookies contain a small amount of information that allows our web servers to recognize you. We store information that we collect through cookies or similar technologies. We track only your interactions within the Service (including any domains we host).
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts, which are identifying technologies that your computer receives when you visit certain websites are used by us. In certain circumstances,
We may match or correlate this information with personal information that you may have previously submitted. Most browsers can be set to reject all cookies but features of our website may not work as intended if that option is chosen. We use permanent cookies to analyze website usage.
We use temporary (session based) cookies to improve performance and to determine web trends. Temporary cookies disappear when you close your browser window. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website.
Your IP address is used to help identify you for the purposes of gathering broad demographic information. We also use Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google AdWords (Conversion Tracking), LinkedIn (Conversion Tracking), Optimize. Some or all of these tools may be used to track information about your behavior on our website depending on your region.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent and the services offered by us are not intended for use by children without parental consent.
For more information about what cookies can and cannot do and how to manage or delete them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/.
Why do we collect and how do we process your personal information?
Career Boss may collect and use personal information for the following purposes, each of which is a legitimate interest of Career Boss derived from the relevant and appropriate relationship required in order to take advantage of the Service:
- Register your account with the Service,
- Allow you to access and utilize the Service,
- Provide you with any requested company, product or service information as well as informational and operational notices relating to account management, customer service and system maintenance,
- Provide you with marketing information about our company, products and services (including sending you promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you with relevant offers),
- Respond to customer service requests or other questions or concerns,
- Administer your account and process and payments or any orders you place with us,
- Improve, optimize and personalize the Service and your experience using the Service.
The foregoing purposes are based on Career Boss’s legitimate interest in creating functional products and services that reflect our business purposes. In addition, any content or information you enter into the Service or otherwise voluntarily deliver to us will also be processed based on your consent (which consent is provided by virtue of uploading such content to the Service)
We may also share your personal information with third party processors in some circumstances, including: (i) with your consent; (ii) to a contractor, service provider or partner who meets our data protection standards pursuant to the terms of a written agreement; (iii) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process or in response to a request for information from a court, law enforcement agency or other government agency or department if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, or as otherwise required by any applicable law; (iv) when we have a good faith belief that doing so will help prevent imminent harm to someone orif we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party.
The content you enter into the Service may thereafter be displayed on the Service. If you are linked to other users having a Career Boss account, such other users may have access to some of your account information, including your personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those who will view and use the information you disclose to them (via the Service or otherwise).
In addition, we use information (including personal information) to generate aggregated, deidentified, and/or anonymized information for our own research and development purposes, for system administration purposes, and to understand our users’ browsing actions and patterns. Among other things, this information helps us:
- Evaluate how users use the Service
- Perform data analysis
- Carry out internal research on how our website is used
- Perform audits (including security audits)
- Improve the Service and develop new products and services
- Identify usage trends
- Determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns
Cookies and similar technologies also recognize you when you return to the Service. This allows us to further optimize your experience by doing things like automatically logging you in to your account, remembering your preferences, evaluating email effectiveness, and personalizing content and other information.
How do we use your personal financial information?
To facilitate payment for the Service from client organizations and end users with accounts not linked to a client organization, we will require certain personal financial information from you. When you purchase or subscribe to the Service, we will collect your name, billing and shipping address, phone number, and credit/debit card number and/or other relevant payment information.
We will not share this financial information with any third party other than contracted payment processors and the financial institutions involved in processing your payment and we will otherwise comply with applicable consumer credit laws.
Be aware, however, that if you click away from our website to visit the site of any third party (including, without limitation, sites of payment processors, advertisers or sponsors), you may be asked for your payment or other personal information in order to purchase or use products and services offered. These companies have their own privacy and data collection practices and policies for which we are not responsible and will not be liable. You should therefore review their privacy policies carefully if you have concerns about how your information may be used.
How long do we keep your personal information?
As a result of the nature of the Service, we intend to keep your personal information for as long as we need to in connection with Career Boss’s legitimate interests. Generally, that means we will keep your personal information for the later of the following:
- For as long as you have a registered account with the Service (whether or not an end user account is linked to one or more client organizations) and for up to one (1) year after your account is terminated or longer as required by applicable law,
- We may keep your personal information longer if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons,
Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to remove any personal information (or anything else) submitted to Career Boss for any reason.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
Regardless of how long we have access to or process your personal information, we place great importance on the security of all personal information associated with our users. We have commercially reasonable security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of user information in our possession or under our control. For example, our security and privacy practices are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized personnel have access to personal information. We use secure server software to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us. Understand, however, that we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, although we use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent this. You hereby agree that you shall not hold us responsible for any breach resulting from circumstances not foreseeable or predictable or any breach as a result of Force Majeure.
What are your rights around your personal information?
If you have an end user account, you can access and modify your personal information or account via your account profile. Where we hold your personal information (whether or not you have an account), you can also make a “subject access request” to us and we will provide you with:
- a description of your personal information of which we have possession or control
- an explanation of why we have that personal information
- information about who that personal information may be disclosed to
- a copy of the personal information in a readable form (unless there is a legitimate reason why we cannot provide you with a copy)
You can send a “subject access request” or other requests related to your personal information (including a request to delete, restrict, rectify, transfer or complain about the use of your personal information) to us at [email protected] or in writing at the address provided above. When you submit a request, we will review it and get back to you as soon as possible—in most cases within 72 hours. Note that certain requests may take up to a month to complete and, in some cases, we may not be able to comply with a request (but we will provide an explanation of why we were unable to do so and what steps we have taken to comply in good faith).
In the event you delete your account or other personal information, know that we may maintain residual copies of your personal information for a brief time (to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction). After that time, your personal information and any content you provide to us will be unrecoverable.
How can you manage emails and other notifications from Career Boss?
We may send you email notifications related to:
- Coaching requests, coaching suggestions and coaching offers,
- Internal messages and updates from the Service.
You may be able to opt-out of some or all of these notifications (and you can subsequently opt-in to these notifications in the same way), but you cannot opt out of “transactional” emails about your account, service changes or new policies (unless your account is deleted).
Note that when you interact with an email sent from us (such as opening an email or clicking on a particular link in an email), we may receive information about that interaction from cookies and similar technologies.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit the CAREER BOSS PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS link on the website.
Career Boss and Jeff Adcock, LLC
843 Canterbury Ln
Alpine, Utah 84004